Monday, February 13, 2012

Blog of The Renegade Egyptologist, Anson Hunter

My fictional Egyptologist hero Anson Hunter has his own blog

It reads like a fiction-hero's stream of consciousness blog - a Nile River of consciousness... thoughts and theories of a controversial outsider in Egyptology and archaeology.

Anson Hunter says of himself in 'About Me':

My blog runs through my life like a stream of consciousness, or should I say, a Nile river of consciousness... I am described as having a beanpole elevation and my ex-wife said I have the shining eyes of a fanatic. I'm fascinated by the parallels of ancient Egypt and the faith-based religions. I am an Anglican, but God probably wouldn't agree, since I'm a contradiction who harbours some old fashioned Christian beliefs and yet also believes in unseen realities. As a phenomenologist I believe you have to engage with the sacred and grant value to ancient beliefs in order to grasp them. For some reason my controversial ideas about dangers from the ancient past have brought the intelligence community into my world...as well as New Age and new world order conspirators who take their inspiration from ancient Egypt and the mystery religions...


No comments: