Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Why I write ancient Egyptian supranormal adventure thrillers

The tension between reality and mystery


There is a greater tension that interests me as a fiction writer beyond the tension created by danger and surprising plot points, although I am passionate about those too.

I love exploring the tension that exists between belief and doubt, accepted reality and the mystery of the unknown and unseen - and nothing evokes this tension like ancient Egypt with its dark secrets and monumental wonders.

That’s why I have made my main character Anson Hunter a renegade Egyptologist, an outsider who sits on the fault line between accepted and alternative history.

Who better to explore the tension between reality and mystery and to take the reader on a journey of the unexpected? 

You can experience my series of novels with a mysterious  supranormal angle here