Friday, June 19, 2015

What happened in the Temple of Philae today? "EGYPT EYES" Fiction.

Excerpt from archaeologist Anson Hunter's blog in "Egypt Eyes"(Amazon Kindle mystery adventure thriller)

(An adventure thriller that includes an Egyptologist's blog and photos)

I stepped straight out of the dimly lit sanctuary and into a meaty hand that clamped around my mouth. The hand muffled my gasp as I was yanked aside.

I am rangy, yet I was dragged along like a piece of furniture, the hot salty palm preventing me from making a sound. My surprise removal ended in a darker side chamber.

As a controversial alternative Egyptologist, who also occasionally takes small tour groups around Egypt, I am always walking into trouble, but this was physical.

I had been the last out of the sanctuary, the footsteps of my small group fading in the distance, when I walked into my abduction.

“You’re okay,” the human gag said, taking his hand away. “Don’t make a noise. We need to talk, privately.”

It was a swarthy, good-looking young man I had seen walking around outside the temple. He’d got here pretty fast, then I saw another arrive and now there were two of them blocking my way out of the chamber. In fact two of him. Twins.

“That’s a good trick being in two places at once,” I said.

“We find it useful,” the new arrival said.

Identical twins? No, not quite. The second one was a faintly milder version. It’s a curious thing about twins, even so-called identical ones. One of them always looks more defined than the other, as if the printer cartridge is running low on ink for the second iteration.

“What, collectively, do you want from me?”

“Your help,” they said together.

“I’m afraid you’re going to have to hijack another guide. I’ve already been hired to show someone else around.”

A flicker of a smile touched the face of the milder-looking of the two.

“Yes, we know you’re an alternative Egyptologist who has been hired by Dr Constance Somers, a satellite archaeologist who is now blind. But what do you know…”

“…about her? Tell us why she would hire you,” the dark-print twin said, not so much ending his brother’s sentence as shutting it down....