Monday, May 28, 2018

UPDATE: What should come first - the book or the movie?


As a former ‘MadMen’ Creative Director in advertising, (with a passion for all-things ancient Egypt on the side), I learnt to think visually. 



Before writing, I prepare a concept book storyboard capturing the essence (or sometimes the opening) of a book, using Googled photos - like those above.


Here are just a few - for 'The Smiting Texts', 'The Ibis Apocalypse', ‘The Egyptian Mythology Murders’ and 'Hunting Hathor'

Over the long months of writing, this approach helps to sustain a heightened sense of reality for me - as important for the author in writing as it is to the reader in living the story.

Which means I've almost shot the movie BEFORE I've written the book.

HUNTING HATHOR (this story also appears as a tale within the novel THE SMITING TEXTS)


Now the full Anson Hunter range of 9 novels
The Egyptian 'mythology' trilogy